Dan Zan Ryu Jujitsu Resources and Dojos
Our Friends at Other Dojos
No martial art or school is perfect for everybody! If you think you’d prefer a different style or instructor, we recommend these schools and instructors.
- Suigetsukan (Dan Zan Ryu Jujitsu & Other Martial Arts)
- Emeryville Martial Arts Cuong Nhu; Terri Giamartino, Sensei (Emeryville, CA)
- Aikido Shusekai; Nick Walker, Sensei; Azzia Walker, Sensei (Studio 12, Berkeley)
- Iaido with Andrej Diamantstein (Studio 12, Berkeley)
- Wu Tao Quan Martial Arts; Shifu Alex Feng (Oakland, CA)
- Infinite Qi Wu Style Tai Chi and Chi Gong; Robin Rosario
Our Friends in Bodywork and Dance
Domestic Violence Resources
- Narika.org: resources for South Asian women dealing with domestic abuse. Crisis line: 1-800-215-7308. Email: email@example.com
- Anti-Violence Project offers a 24-hour English/Spanish hotline for L.G.B.T.Q.+ experiencing abuse or hate-based violence: call 212-714-1141.
- Woman, Inc., a community-based, multi-service agency, serving survivors of domestic violence in San Francisco and the larger Bay Area.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline is available around the clock and in more than 200 languages: call 1-800-799-SAFE or chat with their advocates here or text LOVEIS to 22522.
Information on Balance Exercises, Falls, and Home Safety
- The Ten-Second Balance Test
- World Health Organization Facts on Falls
- Afraid of Falling? For Older Adults, the Dutch Have a Cure.
- Centers for Disease Control Information on Falls
- Simple Ways to Prevent Falls in Older Adults
- Prevent fall-related injuries with these 10 tips
- Preventing Falls: A Guide to Implementing Effective Community-Based Fall Prevention Programs
- National Institutes of Health Balance Exercises
- Mayo Clinic Balance Exercises
- Preventing Falls in Older Adults
- Fall Prevention
- Prevent Falls and Fractures (National Institute on Aging)